Feb 17, 2023
The first time I saw financial statements, it was a different language. Fortunately, I was in an Accounting class and I learned how to read and put them together. When I sat on my first nonprofit Board, I was glad to have someone experienced in those documents in charge of getting them to the members. I never had to wonder which documents I needed.
If you’ve never sat in a Board meeting, you have no idea of the financial documents you need to fulfill your legal duties to the nonprofit. Today, we talk to Sandra Ray, CPA about those financial statements. Sandra specializes in nonprofit tax law and accounting so she understands what Boards need to stay legal.
In this episode, we go into who is responsible for creating and presenting these documents, the exact documents your Board needs, and why these statements are necessary.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sandra’s Contact Information
LinkedIn- Sandra E. Ray, CPA
Facebook- Sandra E. Ray, CPA
Facebook Group: No Nonsense Nonprofits
Email for samples of the documents discussed: firstname.lastname@example.org
Episode transcript: Transcript
- Join The Nonprofit Founder’s Club™ free Facebook Group
- Download the free A Founder's Guide to Building a Nonprofit Without Being the Sole Funder
- Join the email list that gives you more tips and information monthly
- Check out the Nonprofit Founder’s University where you can get courses to help you build your nonprofit.
- Have you checked out the book I Have My 501(c)3! Now What?!? It’s available on Amazon.
- Do you want to get support to implement all the things? Join the Nonprofit Founder’s Society today.